Christmas Wreath Charcuterie

A

Alyssa Rivers

christmastreecharcuterie-333x500.jpg

This Christmas wreath charcuterie board is the perfect festive touch to any holiday party! It’s stunning and delicious! Plus, it’s super easy to make and all of your guests will be so impressed!

If you are looking for more holiday appetizers to make this Christmas season then try out these Christmas Cornflake Wreaths, this AMAZING Cranberry Salsa, and these delicious homemade Madeleines!

A Christmas wreath charcuterie board.

Christmas Wreath Charcuterie​

This wreath isn’t meant to be hung on your door… it’s meant to be eaten! Which is the best kind of wreath in my opinion! I LOVE a good charcuterie (shar-koo-tuh-ree) board! They are SO delicious and you can literally make them for any occasion. I love how fancy they look and how you can put whatever you want on them to make them just what your party needs! This board is no exception! Filled with Christmas colors and delicious cheeses, fruits, and meat… It’s going to catch the attention of each and every one of your guests!

The best part about this is that it’s SO simple to make but it looks like a million bucks! I have included the step-by-step instructions to take you through exactly what you need to do to make this on your own at home. Once you are done, you will want to make a charcuterie board for everything! And you can! I love to make them with kid-friendly snacks for my kids to eat after school. They think it’s so fancy and they love it! There is no right way to make this so get creative and go crazy!

Cheese to Use for a Christmas Wreath Charcuterie​

I like to start out building up a charcuterie board with my cheeses. As I said, feel free to use whatever items that you want on your board! Here are the cheeses that I used on this board:

• Garlic Herb Brie
  • English Cheddar Cheese
  • Cranberry Cheese
  • Cranberry Cinnamon Goat’s Milk Cheese

If you love cheese and want to add in some more or these cheeses aren’t available then you could also try manchego, provolone, and pepper jack! You can’t go wrong with using more cheese!

A close up of the side of the charcuterie board with nuts, cheeses and cranberries.

Meats To Use on a Christmas Wreath Charcuterie​

I didn’t load up this board with too many meats! But the beauty of these boards is that you can do that and use only exactly what you want! I used one specifically because I knew that I could form it into a gorgeous flower! For this board I used:

• Italian Dry Salami

If you want to add in more meats and less cheese and fruits then I suggest using some pepperoni, prosciutto, Spanish chorizo, or capocollo!

A close up of the side of the Christmas wreath charcuterie board. Grapes, cheese, pecans, cranberries and blueberries.

Next Comes the Fruit!​

The key to making a Christmas charcuterie wreath turn out so festive are the colors that you put on it! And the most color that you will get will be from the fruits that you pick! I picked some bold colors so that they would really pop on my board. Here are the fruits that I used:

• Strawberries
  • Grapes
  • Pomegranate
  • Cranberries
  • Blueberries

I especially like to add fruit to a charcuterie board not only because it’s a classic ingredient but because of the great taste and texture. It’s nice to have some juicy, fresh taste to complement all of the savory meats and cheeses!

A close up of some grapes and fruit on the charcuterie board.

Don’t Forget the Nuts, Crackers and Sweets!​

The final ingredients that you add to this board really take it to the next level in taste and texture! Adding in the nuts, crackers, and chocolates will be what set your board apart, and finish it off before you are ready to garnish! Here are the nuts, crackers, and sweets that I used:

• Pistachios
  • Candied pecans
  • Baked crackers
  • Ghiradelli peppermint bark squares

This part of the board is a big mixture of salty and sweet which is so important! Using both makes it so that they will go with everything else on the board! If you would like to add more of these things then you can try using some chocolate whoppers, wheat thins, walnuts, almonds, and macadamia nuts!

A close up of some cheese, candied pecans, strawberries and a rosemary sprig.

Let’s Put it All Together!​

Now that you’ve gathered all of the ingredients for this board, it’s time for the fun part! To put it together and make this Christmas wreath charcuterie board! It’s so pretty and delicious! It will definitely be the star of the party!

1. Add cheese: In a circular shape, start assembling your board by adding the cheeses.
  2. Arrange the meat: Then, you want to add the meats. I used a small cup and arranged the salami like a flower.
  3. Place the fruit: Add in your fruits
  4. Add in the rest of the ingredients: Fill the board in with chocolate, nuts and crackers.
  5. Garnish: Add the rosemary in the center and outline the wreath. Then, add some sprigs in the outside edges.

Make it Your Own!​

Like I said before, the best part about a Christmas wreath charcuterie is that you can do whatever you want to make it your own! Here are some more ideas that you could use to make it festive and just perfect for your get-together!

• Use shapes: I love using cookie cutters to make different shakes out of the cheeses! For this board, I cut out the cheese in the shape of a star and then filled it with pomegranate seeds. It really made them stand out! You can do this or even cut up smaller pieces in the shapes of stars of Christmas trees! Then you can really make it your own!
  • Change up your crackers: A good way to bring in some more flavor and texture is to add in more crackers. I like to use Trader Joe’s Savory Thin crackers, Wheat Thins, or Triscits.
  • Make it seasonal: Depending on what season you are making this for you can totally change it up! In fact, try this Halloween one or this fall one for next year! You can even make these for smaller occasions like mix together some goldfish, fruit snacks, fruit and veggies for your kids for an after school snack. These are SO fun to make!
christmastreecharcuterie-250x250.jpg

Print

Christmas Wreath Charcuterie​

This Christmas wreath charcuterie board is the perfect festive touch to any holiday party! It's stunning and delicious!
Course Appetizer
Cuisine American
Keyword Christmas charcuterie
Prep Time 20 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 6 people
Author Alyssa Rivers

Ingredients​

Meat​

• Italian Dry Salami

Cheese​

• Garlic Herb Brie
  • English Cheddar Cheese
  • Cranberry Cheese
  • Cranberry Cinnamon Goat’s Milk Cheese

Fruit​

• Strawberries
  • Grapes
  • Pomegranate
  • Cranberries
  • Blueberries

Nuts​

• Pistachios
  • Candied pecans

Chocolate​

• Ghiradelli Peppermint Bark Squares

Crackers:​

• Baked crackers (any kind)

Garnish​

• Rosemary sprigs

Instructions​

• In a circular shape charcuterie board, start assembling your board by adding the cheeses.
  • Next, add the meats. I used a small cup and arranged the salami like a flower.
  • Add in your fruits.
  • Fill the board in with nuts, chocolate, and crackers.
  • Add the rosemary in the center and outline the wreath. Add some sprigs to the outside edges.