No Bake Haystack Cookies (2 Ways!)

A

Alyssa Rivers

whitechocolatehaystacks-4-333x500.jpg

Haystack cookies are perfect for the holidays! They are festive, have the perfect crunch, and are so good that you won’t be able to stop at just one!

I love holiday cookies! If you want to try out some more of my favorites then you should make these Italian Christmas Cookies, Linzer Cookies, or these amazing Madeleines!

No bake haystack cookies with sprinkles.

What Are Haystack Cookies?​

Ok, I know that the holiday season is about more than food but can we all agree that holiday desserts are the best part? I mean there are SO many to try like this Cinnamon Roll Wreath, these Grinch Cookies, this amazing Christmas Star Bread, or these darling Christmas Cornflake Wreaths. Not only do holiday treats look so festive but they taste amazing as well! And I think that these haystack cookies belong at the top of that list!

Haystack cookies are SO easy to make! My kids love helping me with them! All you need is some chow mein noodles, chocolate (white or milk works the best!), marshmallows, and some festive sprinkles. And voila! You have yourself these beautiful, tasty, and easy-to-make treats! Oh, and did I mention that you should probably double the batch? Because these will fly off your table so fast that you will wish that you had made more!

Ingredients for White Chocolate Haystack Cookies​

There are two ways to make these cookies! I like to make them both but if you want, you could just make one! See the recipe card at the bottom of the post for exact measurements.

• White chocolate chips: These go SO well with the marshmallow flavor!
  • Marshmallows: Use mini marshmallows so that they mix in better.
  • Peanuts: These are totally optional in this recipe!
  • Chow mein noodles: These create such a delicious crunch!
3 pictures showing how to mix marshmallows and white chocolate with chow mein noodles.

How to Make White Chocolate Haystack Cookies​

These cookies are so easy! I love a good no-bake option for the holidays. They are quick easy and SO delicious.

1. Mix and melt: In a large microwave safe bowl add the White Chocolate Chips Microwave stirring after every 30 seconds until melted and smooth. Add in marshmallows and stir and cook for 30 more seconds.
  2. Combine and top with sprinkles: Add in the bag of chow Mein noodles and mix until combined. Scoop out 2 tablespoons of the mixture and place on parchment paper. Top with sprinkles
A zoomed in picture of a white chocolate haystack cookie.

Ingredients for Chocolate Haystack Cookies​

I can’t decide which one is better, the white chocolate or these ones! I guess you will have to make them both and decide for yourself!

• Semisweet chocolate chips: The semi sweet bring in that chocolate flavor!
  • Butterscotch chips: These bring in the BEST taste!
  • Peanut butter: I like to use creamy peanut butter but you can use whatever you have on hand!
  • Chow mein noodles: The perfect added crunch!
2 pictures showing how to mix chocolate and butterscotch with chow mein noodles.

How to Make Chocolate Haystack Cookies​

The chocolate version of these cookies is just as delicious and the butterscotch really adds such an amazing taste! They are definitely a MUST TRY this holiday season!

1. Mix ingredients until smooth: In a large microwave safe bowl add the chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, and peanut butter. Microwave stirring after every 30 seconds until melted and smooth.
  2. Add chow mein noodles and top with sprinkles: Add in the bag of chow Mein noodles and mix until combined. Scoop out 2 tablespoons of the mixture and place on parchment paper. Top With sprinkles
Chocolate haystack cookies on parchment paper on a baking sheet.

Variations​

These haystack cookies are great for the holidays but you can easily change them up for any holiday or season! Here are some ideas on how you can do that!

• Get colored baking chocolate: Get some baking chocolate in different colors and mix things up! Then, you can make it go with a theme or any holiday that you want!
  • Change the sprinkles: You can make the sprinkles different colors! Orange for halloween, pastels for easter and red white and blue for the 4th of July!
  • Add mint chips: Instead of using butterscotch chips, try using mint chips instead! They are so yummy and add in a totally different flavor!
Haystack cookies on a plate.

How to Store Leftovers​

These cookies are great to make ahead of time! Once the chocolate has cooled then place these in an airtight container on your counter. They will last 4-5 days!

More No Bake Recipes to Try​

No bake cookies are fast, easy and delicious! I love that I can whip them together with not much time and everyone loves them! I have gathered a few more of my favorite no bake recipes to try! I’m sure that you will find at least one that you love too. Or, you can try them all… I mean they are that good!

Desserts

Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies

Desserts

No Bake Oreo Balls

Desserts

Absolutely Perfect No Bake Cheesecake

Desserts

Magnolia Bakery Banana Pudding

whitechocolatehaystacks-4-250x250.jpg

Print

No Bake Haystack Cookies (2 Ways!)​

Haystack cookies are perfect for the holidays! They are festive, have the perfect crunch, and are so good that you won't be able to stop at just one!
Course Dessert
Cuisine American
Keyword haystack cookies
Prep Time 15 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
Servings 24 haystacks
Calories 719kcal
Author Alyssa Rivers

Ingredients​

White Chocolate Haystacks:​

• 4 cups white chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup marshmallows
  • 1/2 cup peanuts optional
  • 4 cups chow mein noodles

Chocolate Haystacks:​

• 2 cups semisweet chocolates
  • 2 cups butterscotch
  • 1/4 cup peanut butter
  • 4 cups chow mein noodles

Instructions​

To make the white chocolate haystacks:​

• In a large microwave-safe bowl add the White Chocolate Chips Microwave stirring after every 30 seconds until melted and smooth. Add in marshmallows and stir and cook for 30 more seconds.
  • Add in the bag of chow Mein noodles and mix until combined. Scoop out 2 tablespoons of the mixture and place on parchment paper. Top with sprinkles

To make the chocolate haystacks:​

• In a large microwave-safe bowl add the chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, and peanut butter. Microwave stirring after every 30 seconds until melted and smooth.
  • Add in the bag of chow Mein noodles and mix until combined. Scoop out 2 tablespoons of the mixture and place on parchment paper. Top With sprinkles

Nutrition​

Calories: 719kcal | Carbohydrates: 102g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 7mg | Sodium: 561mg | Potassium: 227mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 45g | Vitamin A: 17IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 83mg | Iron: 4mg